Issues with translation

Report any errors or issues you have with the game.
Mobyduck

Issues with translation

Postby Mobyduck » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi!

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I loved playing the game, so much so that I decided to localize it to Brazilian Portuguese! I also appreciate the effort you went into making most of the game translatable. But, as I said, some parts of the game are not available in the localization file, and since you are still developing the game, I decided to let you know what is hard-coded into the game that needs to be changed, as well as some other issues I found while localizing the game. For most of them I already found a solution, for others not.

All modified files are available on the link in the end of this post.

• The game does not support accented characters (á, à, ã, â, é, ê, í, ó, ô, õ, ú) needed for the Portuguese language. I managed to manually add all the missing letters to the game font, so feel free to check them out and make any modifications you see fit;
  • For some reason (and this is the biggest issue I found) the game stopped allowing me to write custom names for characters and save files. Typing any letter in the box seems to be ignored, and it only accepts numbers (0-9) and spaces. I assume it has something to do with the modified font;
  • The quest strings do not have their own file, instead you need to translate them on the lua code itself;
  • A few interface buttons do not have strings, some I remember are: "Add" when adding a new skill in the character creation, "Close" when closing the backpack, "Converse with someone else" and "Leave" from the Tavern interface and "Source" and "Quests" from the Journal interface;
  • Some images that need translating are not found in the localization folder;

I believe those are all of the issues I've had. Again, thanks for the enjoyable game. Can't wait for more updates :)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4uwigwm841k6tpc/Tradução_de_Pioneers_PT-BR.rar
Eigen
Developer

Re: Issues with translation

Postby Eigen » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Hey, thanks!

I'll respond in more detail in a few days, very busy atm. I'm releasing a new build this weekend and I hope I get to address all these things. Quest texts will probably go in the main strings file.
Mobyduck

Re: Issues with translation

Postby Mobyduck » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Thanks for the answer! If you are about to release an update, don't bother too much fixing this localization stuff if it is going to take too much time off from other things, like actual gameplay and whatnot.

Return to “Bugs”