I'd like to preface this post by saying that I loved playing the game, so much so that I decided to localize it to Brazilian Portuguese! I also appreciate the effort you went into making most of the game translatable. But, as I said, some parts of the game are not available in the localization file, and since you are still developing the game, I decided to let you know what is hard-coded into the game that needs to be changed, as well as some other issues I found while localizing the game. For most of them I already found a solution, for others not.
All modified files are available on the link in the end of this post.
- The game does not support accented characters (á, à, ã, â, é, ê, í, ó, ô, õ, ú) needed for the Portuguese language. I managed to manually add all the missing letters to the game font, so feel free to check them out and make any modifications you see fit;
- For some reason (and this is the biggest issue I found) the game stopped allowing me to write custom names for characters and save files. Typing any letter in the box seems to be ignored, and it only accepts numbers (0-9) and spaces. I assume it has something to do with the modified font;
- The quest strings do not have their own file, instead you need to translate them on the lua code itself;
- A few interface buttons do not have strings, some I remember are: "Add" when adding a new skill in the character creation, "Close" when closing the backpack, "Converse with someone else" and "Leave" from the Tavern interface and "Source" and "Quests" from the Journal interface;
- Some images that need translating are not found in the localization folder;
I believe those are all of the issues I've had. Again, thanks for the enjoyable game. Can't wait for more updates
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4uwigwm841k6tpc/Tradução_de_Pioneers_PT-BR.rar