Build 6 released

General discussion of the game.
Eigen
Developer

Build 6 released

Postby Eigen » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 am

So after 8 months of non-stop not working and an occasional tinkering I can finally say that the new build is available! The main drive came from IGF submission deadline which forced me to really shift thing along (starting a week before deadline, obviously).

Image Download for Windows
Image Download for OS X

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

What is new?

• The world is now one huge and continious area, no more maps per se. You can explore anywhere at any time. That was the feature I spent a lot of the summer on. Simple in concept, quite difficult to implement in practice.
  • Then I got started on the story ... okay maybe not story as that is still to come ... but something that wraps your initial actions to a narrative. Couple of simplest initial quests to get started.
  • Then I pretty much rewrote the town areas. They function similar to the old builds but look completely different and house a lot more actions. You can now also converse with characters in towns. More still to come.
  • Added simple character levelling and unlocking new skills.
  • Added temples with temporary looting system. Eventually this will be replaced with the ability to actually enter temples and wander around solving little puzzles to get to the treasure.
  • I also spent quite some time on the UI, cleaning up the overall style and fixing certain interfaces.
  • Externalized all text resources and wrote a little tool to help with translating the game.
  • Lots of new music
  • Numerous other things, fixes, changes and improvements I can't even remember.
Teclab

Re: Build 6 released

Postby Teclab » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 am

Sounds good. Any news from the Linux-Version? I would love to play Pioneers.
Kiettimos

Re: Build 6 released

Postby Kiettimos » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:23 pm

May I suggest adding a "Skip" button during the opening cinematics? It would auto-load all the text.
Or players could click the mouse button to load each sentence at a time. Or hold it to make text appear faster.

Same thing for the in-game text, by left-clicking you autoload and can skip, instead of waiting such a long time for the transition between text bubbles.

Return to “Discussion”