Download for Windows
Download for OS X
What is new?
- The world is now one huge and continious area, no more maps per se. You can explore anywhere at any time. That was the feature I spent a lot of the summer on. Simple in concept, quite difficult to implement in practice.
- Then I got started on the story ... okay maybe not story as that is still to come ... but something that wraps your initial actions to a narrative. Couple of simplest initial quests to get started.
- Then I pretty much rewrote the town areas. They function similar to the old builds but look completely different and house a lot more actions. You can now also converse with characters in towns. More still to come.
- Added simple character levelling and unlocking new skills.
- Added temples with temporary looting system. Eventually this will be replaced with the ability to actually enter temples and wander around solving little puzzles to get to the treasure.
- I also spent quite some time on the UI, cleaning up the overall style and fixing certain interfaces.
- Externalized all text resources and wrote a little tool to help with translating the game.
- Lots of new music
- Numerous other things, fixes, changes and improvements I can't even remember.